2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
If you’re in the market for a new pickup truck that can handle plenty of towing, then you’ve probably considered models like the Sierra 1500. But if you’ve found yourself wondering how much can the Sierra 1500 tow, then the answer is when properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 11,800 pounds with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, and the available Max Trailering package. Both of these work in combination to deliver the Sierra 1500 towing capacity. That makes it an incredible light-duty pickup truck option for drivers near Omaha who need superior towing for the weekend or the jobsite. Find out more today about the GMC Sierra towing capacity, and then contact us to get behind the wheel for a test drive.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
The Sierra 1500 towing capacity can handle up to 11,800 pounds when equipped with the 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and Max Trailering Package. This pickup truck has a wide array of styles, features, and sizes that all affect its towing capability, so it’s important to know when wondering how much can the GMC Sierra tow around Lincoln. Some of those choices include:
- Drivetrain: 4WD or 2WD
- Truck Bed Length: Short Box or Standard Box
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, up to a 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Cab Style: Crew Cab or Double Cab
Available GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Trailering Camera Package: This package adds on two side-view mirror cameras to make changing lanes and reversing easier when you have a trailer in tow. It can also be paired with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system adjusts the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping, depending on which drive mode you’re in.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: When using Hitch View, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically sets when you put your truck in Park to avoid rolling.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Control buttons situated on the center console give drivers the ability to manipulate and monitor the trailer brakes.
- Max Trailering Package: This package is needed to reach the 11,800-pound towing capacity. It equips your vehicle with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
For maximum safety and performance when towing, you’ll want to select the available GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System, which gives you access to innovative towing technology such as high-resolution cameras and integrated smartphone apps to make towing through Columbus easier than ever.
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: Includes pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, programmable trailer brake settings, and more.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This feature shows you a dynamic grid line and offers a zoom capability to help you hitch up your trailer correctly on the first try.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Even when you’re by yourself, you can test your trailer lights before you hit the road with the trailer light sequence test.
Tackle Everything with the 2021 Sierra 1500
If you’re ready to enjoy the power of the GMC Sierra 1500, then you’re ready to apply for financing online today. Our finance department can get you behind the wheel with the keys in your hand in no time, and get you back on the road quickly in your new towing master.
New GMC Sierra 1500 for Sale
More About GMC Models
If you’re in the market for a new pickup truck that can handle plenty of towing, then you’ve probably considered models like the Sierra 1500. But if you’ve found yourself wondering how much can the Sierra 1500 tow, then the answer is when properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity maxes out at…